With the record hot, dry weather we have been having this summer, I wanted to bring to your attention a beneficial lawn service that we recommend to customers to help recover their drought stressed lawns; Kelp Seaweed Extract.
Yes, you read that right! Seaweed is high in carbohydrates, making them a great source of food for plants. It's also low in in cellulose, so it breaks down really easily. An organic meal of kelp seaweed is the perfect source of nutrients for a vegetable garden, and the same goes for your lawn.
Kelp is designed to stimulate root growth and assist the lawn in recovering from heat and drought stress. Read on to learn more!
Why Kelp Seaweed Extracts?
As strange as it may seem, Kelp Seaweed Extracts are very beneficial for residential turf. Kelp extracts are all natural and 100% organic, and rich in valuable minerals, cytokinins, and anti-oxidants. When applied to your home lawn as a rejuvenating liquid spray, kelp benefits the grass in many ways, such as;
- Increases root growth in turf
- Improves overall appearance in colour, turf density, and hardiness
- Enhances natural resistance to stresses such as disease, drought, and insect pressures
- Increases nutrient levels and uptake in plants
- Promotes seed development
- Increases plant carbohydrate production, which enhances grass root and blade development
- Increases photosynthesis and chlorophyll production
Protect Your Lawn From Summer Duress
Composed of nearly 70 minerals, kelp is an excellent source of two major plant growth hormones: cytokinins and auxins. It's these nutrients that protect your lawn and help it recover.
Kelp Seaweed Extracts are a great way to help protect your lawn, giving it a fighting chance to recover from the effects of heat and drought stress in hot, dry summer months, and stimulating new growth.